Introduction To This Blog

Introduction To This Blog

In 2011, my beloved miniature pinscher Bucky died very suddenly. He had been my soul mate and my psychiatric service dog. Because of my grief, I was unable to leave the house.

Another writer, my friend Carle, decided to help me through this process. I was obsessed with the television show starring Hugh Laurie, "House M.D," about a misanthropic, brilliant, crippled doctor. Carle downloaded the first 5 seasons. Within a few episodes, he was as obsessed as I was. This blog is the correspondence we conducted, episode by episode. With a few digressions.

Carle's entries are in black; my contributions are in blue.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Season 1, Episode 10, "Histories" - Another Quickie

Dr. Foreman believes an uncooperative homeless woman (Leslie Hope) is faking seizures to get a meal ticket at the hospital. But her situation strikes a chord with Dr. Wilson and he resolves to keep her from falling between the cracks. Meanwhile, House gets an audience of two medical students who are learning how to conduct medical histories.

omar gets to humanize hisself here and that's nice. this is about as commando as they can go, though. omar giving up his jacket to a bum for a look at her digs--AND HE DOESN'T EVEN WEAR PROTECTIVE GEAR? NOT EVEN RUBBER GLOVES? that's a BIIIG stretch. and house bribing the cop for the taser info? just shows to go you that the above assessment was right on the money. so this was also the watershed of the first death of the primary patient. kinda like L&O's 1st defendant win, i suspect.

##################################

Usually they put on rubber gloves whenever they're inspecting somebody's place. Good catch! Was this the one with the comics? I really liked how they managed to put everything together (and also the party at the opening). I have to wrack my brains a bit to remember these episodes. I started watching in S4, but after that I got all of the DVD sets and watched them in order. That's why I've been looking at recaps to recall what I can, with a little help. As I recall, Foreman has a huge chip on his shoulder from escaping the streets and never believes anyone who might be on drugs, homeless, or generally down on their luck. 

House doesn't believe in the "right kind of people" deserving care; their lifestyles don't matter to him unless it has an impact on the case in some way. To be honest, I'm always happy when the patient dies. It's usually a surprise, unlike the patient surviving. Also, I liked the end, with House and Wilson sitting outside, silent. 

Cool! Now you get to see "Detox"! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment